Blackboard much like any other computer software needs to update from time to time. MCC has not had a major upgrade in quite some time. Right now there are a couple of things in Bb that do not operate as you would expect including the discussion board. This upgrade should fix those issues and add some additional functionality. The upgrade will require some downtime; this will mean that Bb courses will be unavailable for student use or for course development work so please be prepared.
Upgrade Begins: Saturday, August 19th, 10:00 pm
Upgrade Complete: Sunday, August 20th, 2:00 pm
- Blackboard will now support the Microsoft Edge browser
- When creating announcements “not date restricted” will be selected by default.
- If you upload files with special characters (such as / \ : ? * ” < > |)the system replaces the special character with an underscore ( _ ).
- When instructors create content items, assignments, and web links, they can drag files from their computers to the “hot spot” in the Attach Files area. Students can also drag files to upload when they submit assignments.
- Administrators and instructors can keep track of all student submissions, regardless of whether the attempt or assignment is deleted or the submission history is changed. A submission receipt is captured at the time of submission and includes information such as attached file information, date, time, etc. This feature provides evidence for academic disputes, giving students assurance about their work.A receipt is generated for each group member when a student submits on behalf of the group, and the anonymous state of an assignment is respected. For assignments with multiple attempts, students receive a different number for each submission. For More Information
- Blackboard has ended support for the Virtual Classroom and Chat tool. The tool will continue to function however Bb will no longer accept reported issues with the tool, in addition, bugs and security issues will not be addressed.
If you have any questions please let me know email@example.com