Before you add any content to the Content Collection, plan out how you’ll manage content. You can organize content in a way that best meets your individual needs and the needs of your courses.
Create and Edit Content
You can create files to contribute to the Content Collection or create folders to help keep things organized.
Remember that you can only create folders and files in areas of the Content Collection where you have permissions to do so.
Create a folder
Folders are useful for keeping content organized in the Content Collection.
- In the Content Collection, go to the folder where you want to create a new folder.
- Select Create Folder.
- Type a name for the Folder in the field that appears.
- Select Create and Customize to set options for the folder or select Submit to complete the action.
- If you selected Create and Customize, the Edit Folder page opens. Select any of the available options to customize your folder.
- Select Submit when you’re finished.
Create a file
When you add a file to your course, it is stored in the Content Collection automatically. You can also browse the Content Collection for the file and add it to the course. You can create files in the Content Collection where you have read and write permission.
- In the Content Collection, go to the folder where you want to create a new file.
- If you have appropriate permissions to add a file, you’ll have the option Upload.
- Select Upload Files.
- Select Browse My Computer to upload a file from your computer.
- Drag files from your computer to the “hot spot” in the Attach Files area. If your browser allows, you can also drag a folder of files. The files will upload individually. If the browser doesn’t allow you to submit your assignment after you upload a folder, select Do not attach in the folder’s row to remove it. You can drag the files individually and submit again. *Please note that this drag function will be available after the upgrade.You can use the file name or provide another name for the file.
- Select Submit to finish the upload. The file is added to the Content Collection.